A Leading Modeling Software
By pulling together a connected view of business processes, applications, platforms and technology, architects can design appropriate solutions. Take advantage of industry standard frameworks and modeling techniques and present plans using a range of viewpoints, roadmaps, charts and diagrams.
Solution Architecture & Design Steps
Take advantage of major solution, system and software modeling approaches available in ABACUS
- Scope requirements and system specifications and map out target architectures
- Run analytics to understand dependencies, costs, risks and opportunities
- Assess options, run scenario analysis and select the technology stack
- Collaborate and share data with business architects, application architects, technical architects and enterprise architects.
- Motivate decision-makers with clear presentations about Budgets, Cost-Savings, Roadmaps and Growth
Solution, System & Software Modeling Approaches
Major notations and frameworks used by solution architects are available out-of-the-box in ABACUS:
- The Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- Business Process Modeling Notations (BPMN)
- Model-Driven Architecture (MDA)
- TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Business Capability Modeling
Shapes, graphics and icons in ABACUS diagrams can also be customized. New shapes can be added to your shapes library for use in diagrams and easily converted from Visio. ABACUS is also set up for architects who need to use multiple modeling languages as well as designing their own.
For more information on notations and frameworks please click here.
Selecting a Framework That Works
Enterprise architecture frameworks can vary widely. Some emphasize high level strategic viewpoints, others may focus on a capability planning phase and many provide ways of structuring business data, technology and infrastructure designs.
How to Choose an Enterprise Architecture Framework