For efficient enterprise architecture, everything needs to stay connected: data, diagrams and dashboards.
Import your Visio, UML, BPMN or other diagrams, shapes and flowcharts into ABACUS. Wire them up to other elements in your repository. Updates will flow through automatically, with no need to revise tables, lists and other artefacts manually.
For busy EAs this can save hours and days of time and effort:
- Map out network diagrams, application architectures, business architectures, information architectures, etc
- Document systems, IT processes and data flows
- Diagrams can be created automatically from structured data
- Share objects/elements across diagrams, maintaining consistency
- No need to draw and re-draw diagrams when data changes
- Updates flow through to stakeholder dashboards when data is edited
Many architects are familiar with the frustration caused when diagrams are included in architecture repositories or imported from external environments and tools only as “still images”. These images will likely be out of date before the next meeting and require repetitive manual updates for any changes.
In ABACUS, diagrams are interactive, dynamic and most importantly connected to real-time enterprise data (such as cost properties). Changes to the repository automatically flow through, ensuring diagrams and dashboards stay updated.
Diagrams can be sketched out using canvas-and-stencil and “drag-and-drop”. They can also be animated by cost data or technical data, underpinned by integrations with libraries such as BDNA Technopedia.
When aggregated up the layers of your architectures, these financial and technical metrics support well-informed data-driven decision making.