Ahead of The Curve in EA innovation, ABACUS Supports Self-Service Data Management:
- Cloud-based collaborative data management, supporting remote working
- Reduces the workload of the enterprise architecture team
- Part spreadsheet, part database, updating directly to your repository
- Embed in MS Teams or other workplace social software
- Interactive dashboards and roadmaps for digital strategy and analysis
Lighten Your Data Workload
Rather than losing hours of your day dealing with data-update requests manually, set up browser-editable lists which streamline updates.
Data owners throughout the enterprise update these themselves, managing portfolios of assets, technologies, infrastructure, processes and projects.
Free up time to focus on analysis, strategy and communication. Rules, permissions, approvals processes and change logs still allow you to keep a close eye on data quality and governance.
“Our ABACUS Dashboards and Editors ensure that the wider organisation can take responsibility for their own data and can access it in a self-service fashion.”
Democratize Enterprise Architecture
Designed For The Whole Enterprise:
Executive Approvals Process
Assemble a “Review-and-Approval Dashboard” which brings together tailored charts and diagrams and their connected data portfolios in a browser.
- Dashboard links can be sent or embedded in an email, tab or report
- Stakeholders or executives can review the dashboard then comment, edit & approve
- Stakeholders stay engaged with email notifications about edits and chat integrations
Small Teams Who Need Big Results…
Architecture teams often face a huge challenge of establishing an influential EA practice with a very small expert team. ABACUS addresses a common pitfall in this situation: efficient data management.
- Establish close partnerships with business stakeholders, so data-owners handle their own updates
- Architects gain time to focus on strategy and planning rather than data stewardship
- Increases productivity of data owners, as able to access data firsthand
…Or Large Global Enterprises
ABACUS dashboards ensure that the wider organisation can be responsible for their own operational and planning data. Changes update in real-time, so they can be checked and accessed immediately.
- Avoid conflict between the wider organisation and EA team over out-of-date data
- EA’s set up permissions, rules and approvals processes and monitor change logs
- Data is more accurate, and visualisations can show the live changes
Manage Consultancy-Client Data Collaboration Smoothly
Enterprise architecture consultants can empower clients to update their enterprise architecture repository themselves.
- Avoid frustration caused by delays in data maintenance
- Make sure clients can keep their own data accurate
- Solve back-and-forth messaging and time zone issues
Enterprise Data Management in the Cloud
Light Touch Data Management
- Create or edit components via user-friendly forms
- Type or edit free-form text in cells, just like editing a spreadsheet
- Set permissions and approvals to control data quality (allow notifications to monitor changes)
- Integrate with Excel, Visio, SharePoint, ServiceNow, Technopedia etc.
- Create drop-down and pick-lists and classify them using colour
- Filters and sorting are reflected in other visualizations
- Create connections by selecting from a list of possible attachments
- Charts and diagrams auto-update as the data is changed
Architects shouldn’t need to act as data stewards, but they do need to make sure data is maintained.
Understand & Take Action
- Easily set-up dashboards and tailored viewpoints
- Provide real-time visibility of appropriate information.
- Assemble dashboards from a selection of interactive charts, including Graph View, Gantt, Capability Maps, Heatmaps, Treemaps, Pie and Bar Charts.
- Stakeholders can drill-down, review data and take action
Analytics For Technical & Business Metrics:
- Structured data: link records between tables/lists and diagrams/models
- Apply analytics and machine learning for more complete and accurate data
- Use algorithms (pre-built or no-code) to automate calculations
- Calculate cost, risk, impact, probability and monitor trends in metrics
Dashboards for Your Enterprise