When Assessing and Deploying Technology, Managers Can Benefit From Guidance From Risk Scoring Data & Scenario Analysis.
Powerful Armory Against Risk
Use ABACUS as a powerful part of your armory for predictive and preventative risk management. Set up:
- Application Catalogs, Application Landscapes and Business Capability Maps
- Risk Scoring: a function of probability and impact of risks for key enterprise systems
- Continuous risk management techniques, including NASA’s CRM and Balanced Scorecard.
- Modeling risks using ABACUS‘ quantitative analytics, practitioners can provide clear metrics showing how IT risks affects the business.
- Scenario analysis using predictive analytics and algorithms for disaster recovery (DR), business continuity planning (BCP) and enterprise security modeling
Data-Driven Risk Avoidance
Metrics and dashboards in ABACUS help monitor whether planned changes expose any additional risks or affect service continuity.
This unique traceability is due to the centralized and connected nature of the ABACUS repository which uses graph database technology.
Architects can use the data and models to design resilient systems, spot weaknesses and make informed recommendations.
See also: How to Build Roadmaps for Enterprise, Government and IT Resilience
Frameworks for Scenario Analysis
Modeling using past data is no longer straightforward. But architects can still use existing data and models to react intelligently to scenarios for the future.
One useful tool to incorporate into your scenario modeling is PESTLE or “PESLE” hybrid modeling. PESTLE provides a guide for working through how strategies and scenarios play in the broader external environment. In ABACUS you can connect the factors/strategies to other components in your model and also include metrics on these factors – recording impacts and risks coming from the external parameters.
Leading Enterprise Architecture
Import Your Data Quickly & Easily
Leading Modeling & Roadmapping
Scenario Analysis & Stress Testing
Power Collaboration & Communication
TRUSTED BY SMALL BUSINESSES AND LARGE CORPORATIONS
“Our team are using ABACUS as one of their guiding lights to priorize cybersecurity. We use the data to keep over 300-400 employees informed, from the CIO to datacentre operators.”
Scott Frederick, Architect, Ameritas
Risk Management and
Enterprise Architecture Webinars:
Using Scenario Analysis to Manage Risk and Improve Resilience
All businesses need to plan for the best and prepare for the worst by assessing a range of scenarios. This presentation will cover how EA’s can lead or contribute to scenario planning and enterprise resilience. Incl. scenario analysis and risk management techniques:
- Application Rationalization
- Digital First and Cybersecurity
- How architects can deploy roadmaps, KPIs & dependencies which support decision making
Originally presented during Avolution’s Digital Enterprise Architecture Summit
Enterprise Architect’s Guide to Cloud Cost & Risk Management
A key skillset for enterprise architects in the 2020s is cloud cost and risk management. How can your team predict and balance costs and navigate security risks? In this webinar, co-hosted with the Open Group, we discuss:
- Tracking cloud spend: automating cost calculations with integrations and algorithms
- Simple risk-registers to guide resource allocation
- How to use quick gap and dependency analysis to identify pitfalls
- Deciding which cloud migration strategies are best
Originally Presented with The Open Group
Use ABACUS to:
- Provide the first line of defence for cyber vigilance
- Design resilient systems, spot weaknesses and make informed recommendations
- ABACUS also offers truly cloud-based enterprise modeling and the ability to future-proof enterprise models via a flexible graph-database back-end.
Like a demonstration?
For a demonstration of how to boost
cyber-security and risk management with ABACUS please contact us via the website, email or phone
Join the 1000’s of ABACUS users today and
download your free 30-day trial