Data-Driven Enterprise Architecture
Track your Digital Business Metrics. Set up dashboards for IT Financial Analysis. Analytics and algorithms in ABACUS supply commercially rigorous analysis to teams who rely on data science to drive business strategy.
What can you do with algorithms? Automate calculations, answer questions and generate KPIs to spot business risks and opportunities. Algorithms can be very simple, or can aggregate data which is detailed and complex. Use them to do the heavy lifting of both business and technical data analysis.
Tools for IT Financial Analysis, Technical Analysis
- Financial analytics (Cost, TCO, ROI, NPV etc.). Eg. automate your cost attribution calculations.
- Algorithms to quantify Risk, Security, Maturity etc.
- Technical analytics (Performance, Reliability, Complexity, Openness, Modularity, Cloud Readiness, Resource Utilization, Response Times, Availability, Portfolio “Health Checks” etc.)
- Environmental metrics (Carbon Footprint, Resource Re-use, Sustainability, Power Consumption etc.)
Algorithms for the analysis above are available pre-built in ABACUS. Your team can also leverage equational, structural, discrete-event and Monte-Carlo techniques to undertake portfolio and lifecycle management of your data and architectures. Algorithms can be run server-side and in the cloud, maximizing computing power.
Machine Learning for More Complete Data:
Benefit from the ABACUS “autocomplete” function to fill in blanks in your data. This machine learning feature predicts missing or incomplete values. Confidence scores allow you to accept or decline these proposed values.
- Upload a spreadsheet or pull in other data and watch as ABACUS predicts values in empty cells.
- Accept or clear proposed values, using confidence scores to guide you.
- Text, List, Date and Numeric Properties and Attachments can be predicted
Algorithms: Visual Coding
Build your own analytics with ABACUS’ no-code analysis tool. This feature provides a practical and transparent way to calculate business-critical metrics.
Use the Visual Algorithm Composer in ABACUS to set up algorithms. Design analytics tailored precisely to your business and technology with ‘drag-n-drop’ commands in our graphical user interface:
- Start with something as simple as a “sum” algorithm: add the values in two columns and present the results of the calculation in a third
- Calculate cost, fit, risk, impact, probability, trends in metrics, for efficient IT financial analysis
- Run operations including Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Min, Max, Ave, Count, Power and Log
- Leverage the enterprise graph for Attribution and Aggregation of properties
- Present your calculations using dynamic data visualizations, diagrams and dashboards.
Just the Right Detail for Analysis
Conditional filter block makes it easier to extract records from a data-set.
- Additional Blocks & Operations for Algorithm Composer.
- Target outliers and elements with specific properties.
- Results window shows the data in use behind each block.
- Additional meta-properties now available to algorithms.
- Easily combine values and properties with support for string joins.
Five No-code Algorithms to Help Enterprises Predict the Future
Learn how you can set winning strategies, use scenario analysis skills and no-code algorithms to predict performance, tell compelling stories and thrive in a data-driven future.
(Originally presented by Dr Tim O’Neill at the Gartner Enterprise Architecture and Technology Innovation Summit in London, June 2019)