What new techniques are Enterprise Architects using in 2020 to lead digital strategy, adapt to rapid change, and manage risk?
Join us from the comfort of your desk, for the Global Online Digital Enterprise Architecture Summit 2020. Enjoy masterclasses, professional development and discussions from enterprise architecture leaders and experts. We’ll explore trends, challenges and practical solutions including Scenario Analysis for Risk & Resilience, Roadmaps, Cloud Migration, Agile Architecture, Cybersecurity and more.
08th – 09th July 2020
Register below to receive all recordings and presentations
Once registered, you will receive an email with the session recordings and presentation decks.
How to Win EA Sprints & Marathons
Avolution Software, Dr Tim O’Neill
Wednesday 8th July, 09:00 BST | 16:00 SGT | 18:00 AEST
Get your running shoes on! The pace set by businesses gets faster each year. But the good news is that architects can also make the most of new “training-techniques” to boost their speed.
Dr Tim O’Neill will cover five strategies used by enterprise architects and digital strategy managers to excel.
- Embracing EAs as Multi-Sport Athletes
- Discover the Power of Pacing and Delivering Time-To-Value
- Building Trust and Communication with Stakeholders
Modeling and Self-Service Dashboards to Support Business and IT Stakeholders
NXP, Dr. Herman Hartmann
Wednesday 8th July, 10:30 BST | 11:30 CEST | 15:00 IST
NXP is a world leader in semiconductor, automotive, industrial IoT and communications technologies. See how their EA team use a combination of ABACUS Enterprise together with ABACUS Studio to support a wide group of users and stakeholders:
- Creating tailored dashboards for specific stakeholders and business area
- Using process maps, treemaps, graph views and catalogues to communicate information and provide valuable insights
- Using ArchiMate and BPMN frameworks with a dedicated integration CMDB
End-to-end Agile Enterprise Architecture: A Nationwide Insurance Perspective
Nationwide Insurance, Hari Krishnan
Wednesday 8th July, 09:30 EDT | 14:30 BST | 15:30 CEST
Being one of the largest insurance and financial services companies, globally, the ability to adapt to change is paramount. Explore Nationwide’s Agile approach to Enterprise Architecture and the benefits it holds for the wider business:
- What is end-to-end Agile?
- Criticality of speed, agility and technology adoption for today’s businesses
- Role of Enterprise Architecture
Connecting People With Live Data: Integrations & Collaboration
Avolution Software, Nick Stevenson-Steels, Manisha Sunnasy
Wednesday 8th July, 11:00 EDT | 16:00 BST | 17:00 CEST
How can a global enterprise put enterprise architecture intelligence in the hands of users across the business? How can EAs connect and automate enterprise data management with integrations, API, and support cloud-based data updates? This presentation will provide practical real-world examples of:
- Selecting the right KPIs and designing dashboards for stakeholders (inc. Application Owners, CIO, Head of Operations)
- Setting up dashboards which offer day-to-day value
- Streamlining and incentivising data-updates and keeping data-quality high
Data-Driven Architecture: Charting the Course to the Digital Enterprise
Cornerstone Consulting, Darin Paton
Wednesday 8th July, 14:00 MDT | 16:00 EST | 21:00 BST
The benefits of a data-driven approach, and automated analytics include higher productivity and engagement with business and IS stakeholders. Darin Paton works with organizations to support organizational change and the journey towards the Digital Enterprise. Darin will cover:
- Key insights in charting the course to Digital Enterprise
- An agile approach to defining business & process application roadmaps, guided by supporting analytical views (Diagrams, heat maps, and annotations
- Driving data quality, analytics, and model perspectives through automated algorithms
Empowering the Business with Collaborative Enterprise Architecture
Thursday 9th July, 09:00 SGT | 10:00 JST | 11:00 AEST
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Discover how a small EA team set up a comprehensive repository and demonstrated the value of EA to stakeholders across the organisation.
- Artifacts that present solutions to business problems, tailored to the information needs of end users
- Collaborative Data Management incl. interactive visualisations
- Application Portfolio Management and reduction of Technical Debt
How to Deliver A Human Centered Enterprise Architecture
Penrod, Dr Christine Stephenson
Thursday 9th July, 12:00 SGT | 13:00 JST | 14:00 AEST
Dr Christine Stephenson has established multiple enterprise architecture practices and also trained hundreds of enterprise architects in how to take a human-centred, pragmatic approach to being successful and as a result helping your business achieve success. Christine’s presentation will cover:
- Working towards a Minimum Lovable Product
- Using a Value Proposition Canvas to identify the people you’re designing for and their jobs-to-be-done
- Mapping these back to inform enterprise architecture and program delivery
One Amsterdam, One Architecture: Consolidating silo’d government architectures into a central source of knowledge
Municipality of Amsterdam, Henk Volbeda
Thursday 9th July, 09:00 BST | 10:00 CEST | 16:00 SGT
To support the ongoing digitalization of local government in an effective and timely manner, architects benefit from a shared knowledge base. This presentation will provide insight in the ongoing journey of the architecture team of the City of Amsterdam towards this goal.
- Use of ArchiMate as the shared language
- Use of tooling from Visio, Archi to ABACUS
- Move focus from primarily projects only to also landscape contribution
Real-time Enterprise Architecture with the ABACUS API
Man Group, Adam Filder
Thursday 9th July, 13:00 BST | 14:00 CEST | 17:30 IST
Enterprise Architecture typically connects lots of data together, modelling relationships and dependencies, to present contextual views to stakeholders. But how do you do this across many data stores and sources? And how do you manage different update rates and formats? Join Man Group, an active investment management firm, where they will walk through how they use the ABACUS API to source data from systems automatically to build trust in EA data and analysis:
- Using effective data handling to manage company-wide data sources e.g. project roadmaps, product lifecycles etc
- Creating automations to ensure data is consistently up-to-date and remove reliance on manual updates
- Communicating and sharing data with the wider organization
EA Roadshows: How to Communicate Value Company-Wide
Aflac, Peter Brauer
Thursday 9th July, 07:30 MDT | 09:30 EDT | 14:30 BST
Aflac is the largest provider of supplemental insurance in the United States and also has strong representation in the Japanese insurance market. With over 10,000 employees, it is a technology-forward organization. Discover the benefits of using EA Roadshows to communicate IT structure and strategy:
- Bringing together information and communicating it widely, demonstrating value to different audiences
- Ensure employees can quickly locate technical, business and service delivery information
- How to choose which parts of the EA metamodel will be relevant to different departments
Using Scenario Analysis to Manage Risk and Improve Resilience
Avolution Software, Andrew Lewthwaite
Thursday 9th July, 09:00 MDT | 11:00 EDT | 16:00 BST
All businesses need to plan for the best and prepare for the worst by assessing a range of scenarios. This presentation will cover how EA’s can lead or contribute to scenario planning and enterprise resilience. Incl. scenario analysis and risk management techniques:
- Application Rationalization
- Digital First and Cybersecurity
- How architects can deploy roadmaps, KPIs & dependencies which support decision making
Enterprise Architecture Pub Quiz
Thursday 9th July, 10:00 MDT | 12:00 EDT | 17:00 BST
Form a team with your colleagues – or engage in some friendly workplace competition – for Avolution’s Enterprise Architecture Pub Quiz! Test your EA knowledge and relax with a refreshing drink from the comfort of your home office. Join the fun and the chance to win a hamper of Australian delights! Topics include:
- Foundations of Enterprise Architecture
- Identify popular frameworks and acronyms, such as TOGAF
- General knowledge
Where is the digital summit?
It’s online. Join from the comfort of your office, boardroom, or home. Links and access details will be provided once the agenda is announced.
How do I gain access?
Registering your interest for the event will give you the opportunity to access all sessions. Once the full agenda has been announced, you will be notified and given the opportunity to join each session of interest.
Will I receive a recording of all sessions?
Yes. By registering you will automatically be included in a follow-up email that includes recordings of all live sessions. You can expect to receive that email within a week of the event’s completion.
Will I be able to ask questions to the presenters?
Yes. You will be able to ask any questions during the live Q&A at the end of each session.
What language will the presentation be in?
All presentations will be conducted in English.
Who are Avolution?
Avolution produces the ABACUS toolset, used by over 3000 organizations worldwide to manage enterprise architecture, IT and business strategy. ABACUS users can move quickly, collaborating on centralized data, building models and roadmaps, and running algorithms to predict the outcomes of strategies and report with rich visuals and dashboards. ABACUS is available either on premise or as a cloud-based tool for modeling, analytics and data visualization.
Let’s Get Social
Continue the conversation and join a strong community.
Share peer-to-peer expertise on strategy & execution, explore detailed guides, and catch-up on video tutorials. From getting started, to best practices, in-depth solutions, and advanced enterprise architecture techniques.
Catch-up on Last Year’s Digital EA Summit
Including presentations from FIB, Medimpact, Man Group and more.