Lead Business Innovation
In an ever-evolving digital landscape, the pressure to innovate is higher than ever. To stay ahead of the curve, organizations must continually adapt to change.
Being positioned at the heart of digital business, Enterprise Architects need to efficiently assess new opportunities and technologies, supported by solid data.
Understand Business Goals & Objectives
Establish stakeholders for each goal and determine the best form of communication.
- Work with CIOs, CEOs and executives to scope goals and requirements
- Collect, store and manage ideas via browser-based lists and forms in a secure ABACUS repository. Use ‘Smart match’ Natural Language Processing to avoid duplication
- ABACUS’ collaboration features and integrations support socialization and circulation of ideas to team members
Prioritization & Permissions
ABACUS helps draw connections between ideas, technology and business outcomes.
- Set permissions to govern access, editing and approval of ideation data according to role, etc.
- Enables prioritization of ideas using weighted-sum assessments for each option considered
- Pattern libraries can be exploited, leveraging relationships between ideas and business outcomes to automatically calculate scores and suggest which ideas have higher value
- Approval, review and escalation workflows can be set-up using roles, permissions and validations
Selecting a framework, that works
Select or design a framework for classifying and managing innovation data: stages, scoring, recommendations and roadmapping dates.
Not sure how to chose an enterprise architecture framework which best suits your company? Read our guide below:
Collaborate, Evaluate and Approve
Discuss and collaborate on ideas using co-authoring, notifications, chat integrations and voting.
- Evaluate and approve ideas using notifications and chat integrations
- Create and assign tasks in ABACUS, alerting stakeholders through workflows
- Embed ideation data and dashboards in workplace social software such as MS Teams.
- Execute projects using Kanban boards and DevOps approaches (e.g. integration with MS Planner)
- Collaborate seamlessly on projects with changes updated in real-time
Visualize Impacts & Outcomes
Create filtered dashboards to focus stakeholders on important data, impacts and outcomes.
- Set up focused dashboards for:
- CFO/Finance Manager, to visualize cost attribution, financials, ROI vs TCO
- Chief Enterprise Architect and EA teams to plan current state architectures, target and future state architectures, what-if scenarios
- Projects Managers/PMO to monitor financials, business outcomes, impacts
- Save filters in dashboard URLs, to then provide these pre-filtered dashboards to users and stakeholders
Explore the Power of Algorithms
Use algorithms to provide impact analysis and insights for your innovation strategy.
- Gather time-to-market and feasibility scores, and see how they impact on recommendations
- Use application portfolio algorithms to calculate Business Fit & Technical Fit
- Assemble quantitative data to test whether ideas should be progressed to projects
- Move projects through stage gates according to key metrics
- Generate signature-ready deliverables, including PDF-ready reports or bespoke dashboards