Information architecture and data modeling
Expert Information Architects provide organizations with the ability to use information as an asset which contributes to profitability, sustainability and success.
ABACUS supports information architects as they keep teams updated on the location and flow of data and information, and the processes that affect that data. This includes compliance with international standards and data privacy legislation.
- Set up a centralized view of the company’s information assets. Use data integrations to automate data maintenance (SharePoint, Technopedia, ServiceNow, CMDBs or via our REST API) and collaborate with architects, data owners and stakeholders across the business to ensure information stays accurate and relevant
- Document conceptual, logical and physical architectures. Model data flows and dependencies, including process, information and technology interdependencies. Interactive graph database views of connected applications, databases and infrastructure and processes can help to visually identify dependencies.
- Use UML models, Business Object Models, Entity Relationship Diagrams etc.
- Set up automated calculations and analytics to track project costs, technical metrics (Performance, Reliability etc.)
- Motivate decision-makers with clear presentations and dashboards showing Budgets, Processes and Roadmaps.
To set up a framework for information management, the ability to exchange information and make use of that information effectively is key. The framework must also be appropriate to manage logical and physical architecture. Maintain governance by setting naming conventions and other standards using frameworks, permissions and data dictionaries to guide inputs and updates. In ABACUS, users can select from standard frameworks or tailor enterprise-specific frameworks themselves.
Use ABACUS to gain:
- Corporate data models and database description language / design (DDL)
- Entity relationship diagramming and setting up a portal for business performance management
- ABACUS also offers truly cloud-based enterprise modeling and the ability to future-proof enterprise models via a flexible graph-database back-end.