Navigating new territory through the next decade
Time travel is not likely to make it onto the CV of most enterprise architects any time soon. However, businesses need to have roadmaps for multiple possible future states as they navigate a world emerging from the pandemic.
Enterprise architects looking towards 2021 and 2022 are facing twin concerns.
Firstly, the scramble to adapt to the pandemic has left many organisations with a risky overhang of technical debt. Systems, infrastructure and processes have been patched to get through the crisis. But these may now present security and maintenance concerns. Businesses are also keen to simplify and streamline technology so they can scale easily as the decade progresses.
Secondly, organizations need to reassess the futures we anticipated in 2019 and even in 2020 again. Architects are asking themselves “How can we be ready to build roadmaps and plan as scenarios change repeatedly.”
These trends, and the strategies enterprise architects are using to tackle them, are on the agenda at the third annual Digital Enterprise Architecture Summit. The virtual conference will be hosted by Avolution Software on 2nd and 3rd of June 2021.
The agenda includes:
- Infrastructure leader Network Rail on “Using EA to Build a Business Case for Change”
- Sustainable energy company Suncor on “Constructing the Enterprise Digital Twin”
- A panel of enterprise architecture experts from the Financial Services sector discussing areas such as risk modeling, data management, and operational resilience
- Presentation on the skills needed to communicate value in a remote working world and how to use algorithms to set winning EA strategies
Registrations for the Digital Enterprise Architecture Summit are open at https://www.avolutionsoftware.com/about/events/digital-enterprise-architecture-summit-2021/
Media Sponsors for the event include The Association of Enterprise Architects (AEA).
Avolution produces ABACUS, for quick, powerful enterprise architecture and digital strategy. Used by 3000+ organizations worldwide, ABACUS also supports digital business collaboration, planning and analysis:
- Integrate data, collaborate with editable cloud-based diagrams, lists and dashboards,
- Build models + roadmaps, run analytics, report with rich visuals
- Use no-code algorithms and AI to fast-track data-management and decision making
ABACUS is available as a browser-based SaaS tool or for hybrid or on-premise deployments.Back to all news