Avolution, the market leader in metrics-based analysis of architectures, today announced that the latest release of its enterprise modelling solution, ABACUS, has been certified against The Open Group’s standard, ArchiMate 2.0.
The ArchiMate standard defines a common language for describing the construction and operation of business processes, organisational structures, information flows, IT systems, and technical infrastructure, and supports the use of Enterprise Modeling tools such as ABACUS in the design, assessment, and communication of the consequences of decisions and changes within and between these business domains.
ABACUS 4.0’s support of ArchiMate 2.0, and its official certification, confirms ABACUS’s conformance to industry best-practice open standards. ABACUS 4.0 is also certified against the latest Open Group Architecture Framework, TOGAF 9.1, and is the only tool to be certified against both Open Group standards.
Dr Tim O’Neill, founder of Avolution, said “Organisations needing to base their Enterprise or Solution Architectures on ArchiMate can confidently utilise ABACUS 4.0, as well as Avolution’s training, professional services and partners”.
In addition to ArchiMate and TOGAF, ABACUS also supports more than 100 other industry frameworks and notations, including; DoDAF/MoDAF, FEAF, PEAF, BPMN and UML. ABACUS’s ontological approach means that meta-models are very easily modified or created, all through ‘right-clicks’ or ‘drag-and-drops’ in the standard GUI.
Avolution provides the ABACUS® solution which is unique to the enterprise modelling space in that it can create multiple solution alternatives (architectures) and then run various simulations (Discrete Event, Monte Carlo etc) against each alternative for metrics such as Performance, Cost and Agility. In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty.
- Build any number of solution alternatives and views all according to a completely flexible meta-model.
- Analyse your architecture(s) for metrics such as; Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Performance, Availability, Agility and many more.
- View the architecture(s) and the results of any evaluation using advanced techniques such as; 3D, heat maps, capability spaces and trade-off diagrams.
About the Open Group
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through IT standards. With more than 400 member organizations, we have a diverse membership that spans all sectors of the IT community — customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators and consultants, as well as academics and researchers to:
- Capture, understand and address current and emerging requirements, and establish policies and share best practices
- Facilitate interoperability, develop consensus, and evolve and integrate specifications and open source technologies
- Offer a comprehensive set of services to enhance the operational efficiency of consortia
- Operate the industry’s premier certification service