ABACUS enterprise architecture tool: certified to support the TOGAF ADM
What is TOGAF? TOGAF is an Open Group framework used by 90,000+ practitioners worldwide to design, plan and implement enterprise architecture and solution architecture. When used in ABACUS, TOGAF provides a detailed methodology for modeling the Business, Application, Data and Technology levels of an enterprise. Plus, best-in-class analytics and visualizations for communicating your strategies.
- No customization or configuration necessary before or after delivery to support TOGAF. Download ABACUS today and get started.
- ABACUS is an Open Group Certified TOGAF tool. ABACUS is also certified for ArchiMate.
- 100% ‘Out-of-the-box’ functionality conformance with all the Architecture Content Framework requirements.
- Easily extend or adapt the TOGAF framework and draw from 100+ other frameworks available in ABACUS.
- TOGAF provides a common language and methodology for Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information Systems Architecture and Technology Architecture.
Join our ABACUS community to download our TOGAF Sample
Using the TOGAF framework in ABACUS:
- A preconfigured central repository which supports the TOGAF ADM (Architecture Development Method). This is provided out-of-the-box in ABACUS, no customization or configuration is needed.
- A complete set of TOGAF assets, including reference architectures (e.g.TRM and SIB), models, and patterns as well as diagrams and documentation templates.
- The TOGAF Meta-model and extensions including entity types, relationship types and attributes which are split into sections for Business Architecture, Data Architecture, Application Architecture and Technology Architecture. All entity types and relationship types have been named and defined as per the TOGAF specification. Additional attributes such as cost, life-cycle, category and status have been added to the meta-model to support enterprise architecture algorithms available in ABACUS.
- The TOGAF Artifacts: ABACUS supports all the TOGAF artifacts (i.e. diagrams, matrices and catalogs) and provides its own TOGAF notation which has been developed alongside the TOGAF meta-model. ABACUS also provides an option which combines the TOGAF meta-model with the ArchiMate notation.
- TOGAF sample diagrams, catalogs and matrices, are provided for each of the ADM phases. Catalogs provide a tabular view of the data which can be round-tripped with MS Excel or Google Sheets or synchronized with MS SharePoint. Matrices can be exported to MS Excel, highlighted and filtered. ABACUS includes sample charts and dashboards with pre-configured collections of artifacts for different stakeholders.
- ABACUS also includes a reports engine, through which customized reports can be defined and created, including an Architecture Description Deliverables report.
- ABACUS constraints and validations ensure all content conforms to the TOGAF specification.
Do you use TOGAF or ArchiMate? Interested in Roadmapping?
The TOGAF® and ArchiMate® standards can provide both a head start and a solid foundation for your Enterprise Architecture roadmaps. Whether you’re building roadmaps to manage customer needs, business growth, emerging opportunities, risks and security threats or other requirements, this webinar will provide an overview of how to use the new TOGAF standard and the ArchiMate 3.0 standard in your work.