Creating a Digital Twin for IoT
How do you manage and transform a structure of multiple interconnected business ecosystems, in real-time, whilst maintaining smooth operations?
ABACUS provides the data-integration and modeling platform which allows your team to create a dynamic software model of your organisation – a “digital twin” – to do this. Use your data and virtual models to trace the links between technologies, applications and infrastructure. Plus, essential detail of how people and processes mesh with these in a complex, evolving system.
Use ABACUS as a Data Management and Insight Platform:
Model and analyze business operations, drawing a line of sight between capabilities, resources, and day-to-day operations.
- Map customer interactions and journeys
- Gain visibility into the technology and infrastructure supporting sales, distribution, services and information provision
- Manage business performance: access project and program data to monitor progress, align with business outcomes and deliver value
- Use predictive analytics and algorithms to assess a range of scenarios. (Quantify Risk, Security, Performance, Reliability, TCO and ROI etc.)
IDC claims that businesses who invest in digital twin technology will see a 30 percent improvement in cycle times of critical processes including production lines. This is due to improved optimization thanks to digital twins.
Case Study: Constructing the Enterprise Digital Twin
Suncor Energy, a leading Canadian energy company, provides sustainable, trusted energy to millions each day. The architecture team at Suncor recognized the potential business value in creating a digital twin, or a virtual counterpart to their real-world system.
This presentation identifies best practices for incorporating a digital twin construction into existing business processes and how to find value across your organization.
How do I achieve a digital twin? This presentation addresses these key questions:
- Linking Solution Architecture to Enterprise Architecture context?
- How do I relate strategies through details of my model?
- How do I incorporate data from different sources into a unified model?
- Application Rationalization & Cost Reduction (with ServiceNow data)
- How to integrate personas, employee experience and experience architecture, providing reporting & insights
- Modeling processes & process hierarchies and defining common business data
Where are we today? And where do we need to be?
Business models need to be flexible if they are to accommodate acute shocks and chronic stresses as well as process changes, mindset and cultural shifts. To achieve this, Gartner recommends organizations implement what they refer to as the “Composable Enterprise.”
Click the button below to read more on Digital Twins and Composable Enterprise