“Around 67% of countries embarked on EA program to improve interoperability between government entities.” – Baker & Selamat
Trusted by Government Architects Globally
Avolution has clients in over 100 countries. Below are a small selection of ABACUS users in Government
To see more a wider selection of our ABACUS community, please click here.
Delivering Government Digital Strategy
Avolution has over 20 years of experience supporting government architecture and transformation worldwide. ABACUS is available a range of deployment options tailored for government requirements, including cloud-based (SaaS), on-prem and hybrid deployments. We work with:
- Central & Federal Governments
- State Government (inc State Medicaid Authorities)
- City Councils and Local Government
- Government Agencies & Authorities
- Public Sector Architects (inc. military, law enforcement, infrastructure)
Dashboard of ABACUS charts and data embedded in MS Teams
Modernization and Transformation in Government
Government agencies have well-publicized needs to manage budgets carefully, making IT modernization and digital transformation an imperative.
Modernization begins with architecture, which provides a baseline for the current state across people, processes and technology infrastructure. With support from ABACUS, government architects can then outline blueprints for future states and digital transformation, including assessing scenario options and building roadmaps to meet organizational goals.
Organizations can track legacy IT and infrastructure upgrades, within a governance structure which allows teams to report regularly on costs, risks and project progress and accountability.
Government Enterprise Architecture Frameworks:
Government frameworks and metamodels provide structures and standards which allow architects to quickly document and align IT and organizational goals. Frameworks available in ABACUS include:
Benefits of Enterprise Architecture in Government
- Architecture Repository – Integrate data from operational systems including details of applications, infrastructure details, processes and capabilities. Self-service access and editing rights can be set up in ABACUS, providing data owners with permissions so they can maintain information easily.
- Current State Architecture Views – Create visual models and diagrams to show the interaction between data, systems and infrastructure. Understand business processes, capabilities, and data flows and relationships between technology and applications.
- Future State Architectures – Map out and compare future state options for scenario analysis, gap analysis and impact analysis.
- Roadmaps – Set out detailed roadmaps to track the transformation of each domain from the current state to its target state. Automated Gantt chart views in ABACUS help to keep stakeholders engaged and updated with project progress.
- Metrics and KPIs – Automate calculations such as cost and important technical metrics. Use risk algorithms to identify which critical processes may not be resourced sufficiently or may need management.
- Reporting Dashboards – Achieve higher levels of efficiency, transparency and collaboration with customizable, browser-based dashboards in ABACUS. Include application catalogs, infrastructure diagrams, business processes, cost allocation and other KPIs, Gantt charts and other data visualizations.
Powerful And Versatile Product With Great Support
“This product is very versatile yet the learning curve for this product is quite reasonable. I found it easy to work with and a responsive and powerful tool for mapping and building our architecture. Being effectively object based meant being able to choose how to enter and edit data in a number of different ways while still maintaining a single dataset. I enjoyed the powerful tools to visually build dependencies.”
– Government, Enterprise Architect (Gartner Peer Insights)
Supporting Government Digital Business