Features & Enhancements:
Quicker Access to Diagrams and Data
Diagram and data updates flow through automatically, with a fully integrated & connected architecture
- Compose web-editable diagrams with existing elements using Smart Search to avoid duplication or use architect defined stencils
- Simple single-click on a diagram boxes now give a web-editable form with both dropdowns and freeform text edits for detailed property changes
- Switch easily between desktop and web-based apps with “Open in Enterprise/Open in Desktop” buttons
- Involve other modelers in the organisation such as PMO Office, BPM etc. in the enterprise architecture, directly through web-based diagrams
Visual Filtering Enhancements on Dynamic Diagrams
Zero in on subsets of operating processes, capabilities, and applications for quick visual impact analysis
- Filter according to properties such as cost and risk or provide an instant view of second order effects across all views and diagrams
- Highlight high-risk applications and then check in on key business process and business capability diagrams to understand dependencies
- Filter according to processes which are being redesigned, or applications which are located in a particular country
Experience Pixel-Perfect Clarity
Explore and analyse diagrams online with greater definition: Business Process Models, Workflows, Sequence Diagrams, Information Architectures, Network Diagrams Application Interface, Disaster Recovery, Strategy and Organization Charts, Business Capability Maps & Value Chains, Customer Journey Maps and Gantt Charts.
Familiar map-like controls including pan and zoom make it easier to navigate and focus. “Zoom to Fit” automatically resizes diagrams in portlets whilst retaining pixel-perfect clarity.
Improved Catalog Control
Enhancements to configuring and editing catalogs in-browser. Personalize changes or create ‘global’ repository updates for all users.
- Sorting, width and heading alignment can be personalized in your own view
- Design catalogs, add, adjust, rename and re-order columns
- Freeze columns for easier scrolling, align text, adjust colors/heatmaps, set filters
- Global changes can update to your repository in real-time, ensuring consistency
- Data quality & governance improvements: set properties as required, enforced or optional
Fresh Dashboard Design & UI
Updates to notations, shapes, icons and color for visually pleasing dashboards and diagrams. Plus subtle changes to layout, labeling and menus to improve usability.
- Green to blue color scheme and rounded portlets
- Chart and diagram color and shapes in diagrams all continue to be customizable, and can be easily converted from Visio
- Updated libraries of shapes and icons (e.g. Server, Network Element, Database, etc.)
Standards & Frameworks Updates
Accelerate your enterprise architecture with industry standards and templates, all included as-standard with ABACUS. Latest updates include:
- PESTLE for business, economic and social scenario analysis
- SABSA security framework
- NIST Cybersecurity framework
- BIAN 8.0
- Bizbok 8.5
- PCF Retail & City Government, DoDAF, IT4IT and more.
Diagram Auto-Layout Improvements
Choose from orthogonal, hierarchical, circular, balloon, tree radial and series-parallel layout algorithms
- More precise layouts depending on the type used
- Easily change from hierarchical to tree layout for different audiences
- Less time spent laying out diagrams manually