About the Company
The best of all worlds: join Avolution, a highly regarded Enterprise Software house. With offices in Sydney, Singapore, London, Virginia, Canada, South Africa and the Middle East, Avolution is established as an industry leader in its Gartner Magic Quadrant and other industry reports. Be part of a smart, friendly team, and use your skills and initiative to drive global growth. Benefit from our culture which is pragmatic, collaborative and technically excellent.
About the Role
We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Tester (Intern) to join our APAC team, with further employment prospects after your internship is completed.
This is a full-time (or part-time around 80% FTE to fit in with part time study) internship position for 6-12 months as required by your degree.
We have a history of developing long term relationships with interns who have the right attitude, skills and enthusiasm. We are happy to explore opportunities with successful candidates to undertake work which fits into and complements your studies. After study, you may be offered a permanent role with great career prospects.
In this role you will operate across the full .NET development lifecycle and be primarily responsible for executing a variety of tests, finding and reporting bugs and glitches, and ultimately to ensure that our products work correctly.
- Contribute to user acceptance and release testing
- Locate and fix defects
- Report bugs and errors to the Development team
- Necessary documentation at relevant steps in the process
About You:You will be part way through your Computer Science/Software Engineering (or related) degree and looking for practical work experience.
Your skills include:
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming with .NET
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills coupled with knowledge of object-oriented design principle
- Keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative and an ability to work without supervision when necessary
Ideally you will also have:
- Knowledge of web programming practices, approaches and technologies, particularly ASP.NET, Microsoft SharePoint, agile development, and/or automated testing tools
You can expect to work within a team of talented and passionate professionals, a fantastic working environment, flexible working, birthday leave and much more.
Avolution is an equal opportunities employer.