Software Consultant (Enterprise Architecture)
Location: Tysons, Virginia
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
About the Company
The best of all worlds: join Avolution, a highly regarded enterprise software house, established as an industry leader in its Gartner Magic Quadrant and other industry reports. Be part of a smart, friendly team, and use your skills and initiative to drive global growth. Benefit from our culture: pragmatic, collaborative, technically excellent – and a true meritocracy.
About the Role
You will be based in our office in Tysons, VA, and work as part of a dedicated team that provides consulting, implementation support and pre-sales to a diverse set of clients and prospects. The Software Consultant will have a wide range of responsibilities across the full lifecycle of this key business function.
Travel to meet with customers, to attend trade shows and conferences, and join the team to socialize and celebrate.
Software Consultant Responsibilities:
- Develop in-depth expertise in the company’s solutions and how they can be applied to solve business needs.
- Implement the company’s solutions with customer project teams and in pre-sales proof of concept scenarios.
- Deliver on-site training for clients.
- Contribute written responses to Request for Proposals etc.
- Complete software demonstrations and presentations of the company’s solutions.
- Provide technical support throughout the entire sales cycle and assist 1st level support where necessary with support from line manager, 2nd and 3rd level support staff.
- Serve as liaison between clients and other internal technical experts and convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- You have recently graduated or are part way through your Computer Science/Software Engineering (or related) degree and looking for practical work experience.
Software Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or technical field, or equivalent combination of education and on-the-job training.
- Individuals who are self-motivated and who are comfortable and responsible in a position that grants autonomy.
- Proven or demonstrably outstanding communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Ability to travel on occasions as required.
- Proficiency in platforms and technologies which are complementary to the solution a plus, particularly: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Visual Studio/C#/VB.NET, Subversion, and XML.
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience in Enterprise Software, Enterprise Architecture and Modelling.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as TOGAF, MoDAF, BPMN and BMM.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United States. Avolution is an equal opportunities employer.