.NET Developer – Internship
Location: Sydney, NSW
Job Types: Internship
About the Company:
The best of all worlds: join Avolution, an Australian highly regarded enterprise software house, established as an industry leader in its Gartner Magic Quadrant and other industry reports. Be part of a dynamic, smart, friendly team, and use your skills and initiative to help drive global growth. Benefit from our culture: pragmatic, collaborative and technically excellent.
About the Role:
Do you want to be part of an international team that works with some of the largest organizations across the globe? We have an excellent opportunity for a .NET Developer to join our APAC team, with further employment prospects after your internship is completed.
We have a history of developing long term relationships with interns who have the right attitude, skills, and enthusiasm. We are happy to explore opportunities with successful candidates to undertake work (here or abroad) which fits into and complements your studies. After study, you may be offered a permanent role with great career prospects.
- Design and implementation of new software features to specified requirements
- Locating and fixing defects
- Contribute to user acceptance and release testing
- Necessary documentation at relevant steps in the process
In addition to working on traditional desktop software, there will be opportunities to work on web applications including ASP.NET and MS SharePoint based applications, along with Systems Administration tasks.
You will be part way through your Computer Science/Software Engineering (or related) degree and looking for practical work experience.
Your skills include:
- Proficient in software development concepts and practice
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming with .NET
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills coupled with knowledge of object-oriented design principles.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative and an ability to work without supervision when necessary
Ideally you will also have:
- Knowledge of web programming practices, approaches, and technologies, particularly ASP.NET, Microsoft SharePoint, agile development, and/or automated testing tools
All applicants must have the right to work in the Australia. Avolution is an equal opportunities employer.