AWS Engineer / Systems Administrator
Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
About the Company
The best of all worlds: join Avolution, a highly regarded Enterprise Software house. With offices in Virginia, Sydney, London, Avolution is established as an industry leader in its Gartner Magic Quadrant and other industry bodies. Be part of a smart, friendly team and benefit from our culture which is pragmatic, collaborative and technically excellent.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced AWS Engineer / Systems Administrator to work from our Central London office. Expect a varied role managing the group implementation, maintenance and administration of all the business and customer hosted systems.
Joining as the AWS Engineer / Systems Administrator you will primarily be administrating the existing in-house and customer systems, providing and maintaining hosted customer environments on AWS, be the troubleshooter for all internal software and hardware, create and maintain scripts, utilities, applications, web apps, web services as appropriate to support their infrastructure as well as providing regular backups, and maintenance of IT and technical systems as required.
The AWS Engineer / Systems Administrator role is varied and diverse, providing business critical support to ensure the smooth running of the overall business.
To qualify… You will need to be a knowledgeable and technically savvy AWS Engineer / Systems Administrator / IT Support Technician / IT Support Administrator / IT Helpdesk Executive / Sys Admin / Windows Support / IT Support Exec or similar who is a real problem solver, loves all things tech and who can demonstrate:
- Great general knowledge of computer systems, particularly the Windows operating system, Outlook/Exchange, Office365, and good Linux skills
- Proficiency in platforms and technologies which are complementary to the client’s products: AWS, Microsoft IIS, Active Directory, SharePoint, Single Sign-On, VPN and/or Azure;
- Solid understanding of computer networking fundamentals (e.g. protocols, security, website hosting, DNS);
- Knowledge of web programming technologies particularly ASP.NET, Microsoft SharePoint, agile development and/or automated testing tools;
- Self-motivated and Independent learner able to research problems and devise solutions Able to work independently and as part of a larger team, without supervision when necessary;
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Applications from recent graduates with a Computer Science / Software Engineering degree and some demonstrable experience are also welcome.
The AWS Engineer / Systems Administrator can expect to work within a team of talented and passionate professionals, a fantastic working environment, dress down Friday, pension, private healthcare, flexible working, birthday leave and much more.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingd. Avolution is an equal opportunities employer.