Avolution’s Dr Tim O’Neill to discuss TOGAF and roadmapping at Open Group summit in Baltimore
June 26, 2015
Avolution is a premium sponsor of the Open Group Conference “Enabling Boundaryless Information Flow”, to be held on July 20-23 2015 in Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr O’Neill will present roadmapping techniques and case studies to guide enterprise architects in using TOGAF to successfully plan and implement business goals.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to preview the new release of Avolution’s flagship toolset ABACUS 4.4, widely recognised as a leader in Enterprise Architecture tools.
Dr O’Neill said: “Many organizations use TOGAF to successfully document their current architecture, and it can be just as powerful when planning target architectures and transition plans that become drivers for change.
“We’ll walk through some examples of effective roadmapping, which is about considering and communicating future state scenarios well in advance and allowing a business time to choose the optimal route.
“We’ve designed ABACUS 4.4 as a collaborative tool which can be used by architects and stakeholders across the business to plan systems that improve digital business strategies and enable business transformation.”
For more information and a free 30-day trial of the ABACUS toolset www.avolutionsoftware.com
Read our quick guides to roadmapping:
Visit the conference website here
Communications Manager, Avolution (UK) Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)20 7554 5600
Enquiries during the Open Group conference, Baltimore
Grant Quick, Avolution Corp.
Tel: (703) 226-8068
About Dr Tim O'Neill
Dr Tim O'Neill is a founding director of Avolution with over 20 years experience of consulting on large systems engineering and Enterprise Architecture projects across all sectors. Tim is Research Fellow and Director of Architecture-based Engineering at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) and has co-authored over 100 papers, journal articles, book chapters and patents on Enterprise Portfolio Management, Architecture and Modelling. Tim is an Open Group Fellow and co-chair of the TOGAF tools certification committee, and has been a key contributor to several international Enterprise Architecture standards, including IEEE 1471 / ISO 42010.
Avolution provides the ABACUS® solution which is unique to the enterprise modeling space in that it can create multiple solution alternatives (architectures) and then run various simulations (Discrete Event, Monte Carlo etc) against each alternative for metrics such as Performance, Cost and Availability. In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty. More information is available at www.avolutionsoftware.com
• Build any number of solution alternatives and views, all according to a completely flexible meta-model, importing from MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Excel and many other formats.
• Analyse your architecture(s) for metrics such as; Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Performance, Availability, Agility and many more.
• View the architecture(s) and the results of any evaluation using advanced techniques such as; 3D, heat maps, timelines, lifecycles, capability spaces and trade-off diagrams.
ABACUS is used by companies worldwide to manage enterprise architecture, IT and business strategy and digital transformation. ABACUS users deliver insights and value quickly:
• Import data in minutes from SharePoint, Excel, Visio and other sources
• Choose an off-the-shelf framework or metamodel or configure an enterprise specific meta-model
• Analyze using KPIs and metrics and create future state architectures and roadmaps
• Report with rich visuals including heat maps, treemaps, diagrams, charts and dashboards
ABACUS supports Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM), Business Process Management (BPM), Customer Experience (CX), Solution Architecture (SA), IT Service Management (ITSM), Business Intelligence (BI), and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC). It is available either on premise or as a Windows-free SaaS tool.