Avolution sponsors IDC Enterprise Architecture Conference 2015, previews Abacus 4.4
March 17, 2015
For the third consecutive year, Avolution is sponsoring the IDC Enterprise Architecture Conference, to be held at London’s Victoria Park Plaza Hotel on March 19th.
Avolution will also be providing the first showcase of ABACUS® 4.4, the new release of its flagship enterprise modeling and roadmapping toolset, and leading a roundtable discussion: ‘SOA and EA: Coexistence or conflict?’.
IDC's Enterprise Architecture Conference 2015 is themed around Demonstrating Value of EA to Business Stakeholders.
Dr O’Neill said: “The key to a successful EA initiative is to bridge the gap between the models we build and successful delivery into the business, and then to demonstrate and communicate the ROI of these efforts to management. In large businesses, this is hugely complex, and although you can’t make complex things simple, you can make them understandable.”
The full ABACUS product suite will be available for delegates to view at the conference and Avolution experts will be available to discuss:
• Developing an enterprise architecture strategy
• Aligning technology and application strategies with your business
• Best-practice Enterprise Architecture roadmapping with ABACUS
• Using ABACUS for Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM), IT strategic planning, Business Process Management (BPM), Solution Architecture (SOA), IT Service Management (ITSM), Business Intelligence (BI), and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
The IDC Enterprise Architecture Conference takes place at Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, 239 Vauxhall Bridge Rd, London SW1V 1EQ. Places are still available, free of charge. Visit the conference website.
For more information and a free 30-day trial of the ABACUS toolset visit www.avolution.eu
Communications Manager, Avolution (UK) Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)20 7554 5600
Enquiries during IDC Enterprise Architecture Conference:
Peter Collins, Avolution (UK) Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0)7985 615710
About Dr Tim O'Neill
Dr Tim O'Neill is a founding director of Avolution with over 20-yrs experience of consulting on large systems engineering and Enterprise Architecture projects across all sectors. Tim is Research Fellow and Director of Architecture-based Engineering at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) and has co-authored over 100 papers, journal articles, book chapters and patents on Enterprise Portfolio Management, Architecture and Modelling. Tim is an Open Group Fellow and co-chair of the TOGAF tools certification committee, and has been a key contributor to several international Enterprise Architecture standards, including IEEE 1471 / ISO 42010.
Avolution provides the ABACUS® solution which is unique to the enterprise modelling space in that it can create multiple solution alternatives (architectures) and then run various simulations (Discrete Event, Monte Carlo etc) against each alternative for metrics such as Performance, Cost and Availability. In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty. More information is available at www.avolution.eu.
• Build any number of solution alternatives and views, all according to a completely flexible meta-model, importing from MS Visio, MS Excel and many other formats.
• Analyse your architecture(s) for metrics such as; Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Performance, Availability, Agility and many more.
• View the architecture(s) and the results of any evaluation using advanced techniques such as; 3D, heat maps, timelines, lifecycles, capability spaces and trade-off diagrams.
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 44 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.