Avolution sponsor IDC Enterprise Architecture Conference 2014
March 11, 2014
Avolution’s co-founder, Dr Tim O’Neill, to chair debate on ‘Evolving Architecture Strategies’.
For the second consecutive year, Avolution is sponsoring the IDC Enterprise Architecture Conference, this year taking place at Tower Hill, London on March 13th. The company is showcasing the latest release of its flagship product, ABACUS® 4.2, as well as leading a roundtable discussion, “Enterprise Architecture, the evolution from modelling to visualisation and analytics to determine an optimal architecture strategy”.
Enterprise architects have one of the most complex jobs in the organisation. Their role is to understand both the needs and strategy of the business and translate this into a practical roadmap for IT delivery and transformation.
During this conference, IDC will explore both sides of the coin:
• How business trends are transforming the way that IT needs to be delivered within the organisation; and
• How new technology trends are driving transformation.
Leading analysts and industry experts will examine:
• Developing an enterprise architecture strategy
• Aligning technology and application strategy with the business
• Providing Technology and Application Implementation Models, based on Architecture Models, for Enterprise Management and Systems • Management
• Integrating enterprise architecture tools with BPM and SOA etc
• Application portfolio management
• Developing effective governance processes for IT architecture and investment
The IDC Enterprise Architecture Conference takes place at etc.venues Dexter House No.2 Royal Mint Court, Tower Hill, London EC3N 4QN . Places are still available, free of charge. Visit: http://www.uk.idc.com/
About Dr Tim O'Neill
Dr Tim O'Neill is a founding director of Avolution with over 20-yrs experience of consulting on large systems engineering and Enterprise Architecture projects across all sectors. Tim is Research Fellow and Director of Architecture-based Engineering at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) and has co-authored over 100 papers, journal articles, book chapters and patents on Enterprise Portfolio Management, Architecture and Modelling. Tim is an Open Group Fellow and co-chair of the TOGAF tools certification committee, and has been a key contributor to several international Enterprise Architecture standards, including IEEE 1471 / ISO 42010.
Avolution provides the ABACUS® solution which is unique to the enterprise modelling space in that it can create multiple solution alternatives (architectures) and then run various simulations (Discrete Event, Monte Carlo etc) against each alternative for metrics such as Performance, Cost and Availability. In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty. More information is available at www.avolution.eu.
• Build any number of solution alternatives and views, all according to a completely flexible meta-model, importing from MS Visio, MS Excel and many other formats.
• Analyse your architecture(s) for metrics such as; Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Performance, Availability, Agility and many more.
• View the architecture(s) and the results of any evaluation using advanced techniques such as; 3D, heat maps, timelines, lifecycles, capability spaces and trade-off diagrams.
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 44 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
Renate Krelle, Communications Manager, Avolution (UK) Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7554 5600
Enquiries during IDC Enterprise Architecture Conference:
Peter Collins, Avolution (UK) Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0)7985 615710