Avolution announces record results
May 14, 2010
Avolution, provider of the market leading ABACUS® solution for enterprise modelling and the metrics-based analysis of architectures, today announced record results for the past 12 months.
"In contrast to the global economic downturn, Avolution continues its outstanding growth in all areas including revenue, profitability and user-base with a growth of over 70% in the last year" said Dr Tim O'Neill, co-founder of Avolution. "Avolution's position as the the market leader for enterprise modelling and metrics-based analysis of architectures is well established now with hundreds of new users every month realising significant value for their organisations through our cost-effective ABACUS solution."
Highlights for the past 12 months included the following:
- Logica selected ABACUS as the preferred solution for their IT Strategy, Service Oriented Architecture and Enterprise Architecture High Growth Area (HGA).
- Avolution released ABACUS 3.2 RC which boasts a wealth of great new features including: Improved Annotation Management, Shape Scaling, Snap-to-Grid and Smart Connector tool for 2Ds; Model Simplification including removal of ports and instance properties linked to type; Grouping of Implementations, Types, Templates and Views; Property Required, Data Type, OR and Enforceable constraints with Constant Model Checking; Finer-grained Role-Based Permissions; Improved Property Management; Bubble Charts and Matrix Views; and, Publisher improvements including Appears in View section for elements, improved Pan-and-Zoom and Relative Links.
- ABACUS was cited by independent research analysts as a Cool Vendor and appeared in Computer Weekly.
- 10 new or updated ABACUS notations, frameworks or libraries were released including: APQC PCF, IT-CMF, ITIL, TOGAF 9 and IEEE 1471 - ISO/IEC 42010. The libraries can be downloaded for free from the Avolution Community.
- Keynote presentations by Avolution and their clients at several international conferences, symposiums and forums on enterprise architecture and modelling.
- Avolution expanded its global reach into over 60 countries, signing major client deals and partnerships in all sectors.
For various demonstrations of ABACUS please visit Avolution's YouTube page and to schedule a live demonstration please contact Avolution Sales on email@example.com and download your FREE trial copy today.
Avolution provides the ABACUS® solution which is unique to the enterprise modelling space in that it can create multiple solution alternatives (architectures) and then run various simulations (Discrete Event, Monte Carlo etc) against each alternative for metrics such as Performance, Cost and Availability. In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty. More information is available at www.avolution.eu.
- Build any number of solution alternatives and views, all according to a completely flexible meta-model, importing from MS Visio, MS Excel and many other formats.
- Analyse your architecture(s) for metrics such as; Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Performance, Availability, Agility and many more.
- View the architecture(s) and the results of any evaluation using advanced techniques such as; 3D, heat maps, timelines, lifecycles, capability spaces and trade-off diagrams.