ABACUS 3.3 is released
December 22, 2010
Avolution is pleased to announce the next significant release in its flagship software ABACUS®. ABACUS 3.3 improves your ability to model your enterprise, make informed decisions and set IT strategy. With ABACUS 3.3 you can find and recommend the optimal path for investment, with certainty.
By analysing enterprises using quantitative metrics such as total cost of ownership, performance, availability and agility, employing techniques such as Discrete Event and Monte Carlo simulations, ABACUS 3.3 allows the user to build and trade-off multiple solution alternatives (architectures) to determine the optimum solution to their problems.
Building a complete enterprise model in ABACUS across people, processes, and technology is surprisingly fast and utilises sophisticated import capability to automate the process from existing MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Access databases, and MS Visio drawings.
ABACUS 3.3 boasts a wealth of great new features including:
- Saveable and Publishable Chart views
- Stakeholder focussed Dashboards can be saved and associated with a default User Group
- Colour gradients and transparencies in 2D
- Modularity by connection type
- Improved Memory Management, specifically around properties
- MS Access export/import improvements
- Customizable MS Report Builder reports
- Sample ABACUS projects for ArchiMate, ITIL, PeaF, TOGAF 9 and several other frameworks / notations
- Updated / Additional ABACUS libraries including ArchiMate, BPMN, ITIL, PeaF and TOGAF 9
Avolution provides the ABACUS® solution which is unique to the enterprise modelling space in that it can create multiple solution alternatives (architectures) and then run various simulations (Discrete Event, Monte Carlo etc) against each alternative for metrics such as Performance, Alignment, Cost and Availability. In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty. More information is available at www.avolution.com.au.
- Build any number of solution alternatives and views, all according to a completely flexible meta-model, importing from MS Visio, MS Excel and many other formats.
- Analyse your architecture(s) for metrics such as; Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Alignment, Performance, Availability, Agility and many more.
- View the architecture(s) and the results of any evaluation using advanced techniques such as; 3D, heat maps, capability spaces and trade-off diagrams.