ABACUS 3.2 is released
August 09, 2010
Avolution is pleased to announce the next significant release in its flagship software ABACUS®. ABACUS 3.2 improves your ability to model your enterprise, make informed decisions and set IT strategy. With ABACUS 3.2 you can find and recommend the optimal path for investment, with certainty.
By analysing enterprises using quantitative metrics such as total cost of ownership, performance, availability and agility, employing techniques such as Discrete Event and Monte Carlo simulations, ABACUS 3.2 allows the user to build and trade-off multiple solution alternatives (architectures) to determine the optimum solution to their problems.
Building a complete enterprise model in ABACUS across people, processes, and technology is surprisingly fast and utilises sophisticated import capability to automate the process from existing MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Access databases, and MS Visio drawings.
ABACUS 3.2 boasts a wealth of great new features including:
- Improved Annotation Management, Shape Scaling, Snap-to-Grid and Smart Connector tool for 2Ds
- Model Simplification including removal of ports and instance properties linked to type
- Grouping of Implementations, Types, Templates and Views
- Property Required, Data Type, OR and Enforceable constraints with Constant Model Checking
- Finer-grained Role-Based Permissions
- Improved Property Management in properties window
- Bubble Charts and Matrix Views
- Updated / Additional ABACUS libraries including BMM, BPMN, CMF, EPC, eTOM, IEEE 1471 / ISO 42010, ITIL, NGOSS, PCF, PeaF and TOGAF 9 complete with starting content
- Publisher improvements including Appears in View section for elements, improved Pan-and-Zoom and Relative Links