Enterprise Architecture Using BPMN
Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN) has become the standard in graphical notation for documenting the tasks and steps in processes.
Business Analysts and Enterprise Architects can easily produce actionable business-oriented models with referenceable notation and semantics following the BPMN specification. In ABACUS, models can be extended beyond processes to show dependencies, business goals and other relevant properties including cost metrics.
In ABACUS, users have access to the BPMN 2.0 framework as both a reference library and a full sample architecture.
- BPMN 2.0 including semantics, structures, elements, and relationships
- Access and share process models by sending browser links to colleagues or by embedding diagrams and flowcharts as tabs in platforms such as MS Teams
- Document processes and integrations by linking in standards, assets, technology & infrastructure or other properties. Link in business goals and financial metrics.
Lightweight web-based diagrams for quick edits to diagrams and models, digital whiteboarding, and business process modeling
Quickly draw diagrams and processes using templates and sample architectures
- Map sequential actions in a flowchart format to record business processes
- Simple drag-and-drop functionality to draw business process models and workflows
- Change hierarchy in web-based diagrams by dragging and dropping component shapes
- Diagrams are fully integrated with your data repository, so updates flow through and remain consistent as you make changes
Why use BPMN in ABACUS?
Business Process Templates
Business Process Records & Plans
Open API & Integrations
Link in Data, Metrics and Goals
Benefits of BPMN in ABACUS
- A Preconfigured Metamodel
Supporting all BPMN modeling requirements. Create public and private processes, choreographies, and collaborations including sequence flows, exception handling models, transactions, and compensation diagrams. ABACUS includes all BPMN 2.0 compliant modeling components and connections with descriptions and notations
- BPMN strict or extended organizational modeling constrained to only business processes using flow objects, data, connecting objects, swimlanes, and artifacts. Or cross domains and drill-down to detail process prerequisites, capability dependencies, supporting technologies, and other relationships by combining any number of the 100+ complementary frameworks and libraries in ABACUS
- Rich contextual annotations, sizes, and colors to bring clarity and ease of understanding to diagrams. Labeling elements, setting notation colors, sizing flow objects and markers, and drawing lines can be done from scratch in seconds, or by using templates all inside a familiar Windows-based UI.
- Future plans and historical records of business processes easily compare and adapt ‘As-Is’ and old business processes, with ‘To-Be’ new business processes. ABACUS provides a quick and thorough analysis of change, and digital business collaboration enables front-line process owners to adapt to process updates, or provide quick feedback.
- Open API and integrations to push model updates to live systems and keep data in sync. Sharing plans for implementing business process change can be automated. ABACUS in-built integrations and open API allow modelers to not only simulate change but update system processes as they do so, and keep everyone up to date across the organization in department preferred applications.
- Easy-edit web-based diagrams use drag-and-drop to create workflows, and freeform text edits for property changes. Users can also change hierarchy in web-based diagrams by dragging and dropping component shapes. All changes update directly to the repository.
Ready to upgrade your process modeling?
See how ABACUS can support your business goals with a personal demo from our friendly team: