ABACUS Supports Business Process Modeling and Notation Right Out-Of-The-Box
Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN) has become the standard in graphical notation for documenting the tasks and steps in processes.
Business Analysts and Enterprise Architects can easily produce actionable business-oriented models with referencable notation and semantics following the BPMN specification. In ABACUS, models can be extended beyond processes to show dependencies, business goals and other relevant properties including cost metrics.
In ABACUS, users have access to the BPMN 2.0 framework as both a reference library and a full sample architecture.
- Complete support out-of-the-box for the notation and modeling elements of BPMN 2.0 including semantics, structures, elements, and relationships
- Clear, business-friendly diagrams: easily access and share process documentation with browser links or by embedding diagrams and flowcharts as tabs in digital workplace platforms such as MS Teams
- Quickly draw diagrams and processes using templates and sample architectures (with diagrams, components and connections), easily populate and link in relevant information
- Simple drag-and-drop functionality to rapidly develop business process visualizations which remain consistent with your architecture and data in your repository
- Document entire processes and their relevant integrations by linking in standards, assets, technology & infrastructure or other customizable properties. Align these with business goals and financial metrics.
- No configuration necessary before or after delivery to support BPMN. Download ABACUS today and get started
Why use BPMN in ABACUS?
Business Process Templates
Business Process Records & Plans
Open API & Integrations
Link in Data, Metrics and Goals
- A Preconfigured Metamodel
Supporting all BPMN modeling requirements. Create public and private processes, choreographies, and collaborations including sequence flows, exception handling models, transactions, and compensation diagrams. ABACUS includes all BPMN 2.0 compliant modeling components and connections with descriptions and notations
- BPMN strict or extended organizational modeling constrained to only business processes using flow objects, data, connecting objects, swimlanes, and artifacts. Or cross domains and drill-down to detail process prerequisites, capability dependencies, supporting technologies, and other relationships by combining any number of the 100+ complementary frameworks and libraries in ABACUS
- Rich contextual annotations, sizes, and colors to bring clarity and ease of understanding to diagrams. Labeling elements, setting notation colors, sizing flow objects and markers, and drawing lines can be done from scratch in seconds, or by using templates all inside a familiar Windows-based UI.
- Future plans and historical records of business processes easily compare and adapt ‘As-Is’ and old business processes, with ‘To-Be’ new business processes. ABACUS provides a quick and thorough analysis of change, and digital business collaboration enables front-line process owners to adapt to process updates, or provide quick feedback.
- Open API and integrations to push model updates to live systems and keep data in sync. Sharing plans for implementing business process change can be automated. ABACUS in-built integrations and open API allow modelers to not only simulate change but update system processes as they do so, and keep everyone up to date across the organization in department preferred applications.
- Easy-edit web-based diagrams use drag-and-drop to create workflows, and freeform text edits for property changes. Users can also change hierarchy in web-based diagrams by dragging and dropping component shapes. All changes update directly to the repository.