ABACUS provides full support for the BIAN model
The BIAN framework is a Banking Industry Architecture Network model, based on service-oriented architecture assisting with defining, documenting and linking business capabilities with applications within financial services organizations.
ABACUS supports BIAN Service Landscape 7.0 as well as complementary standards including Unified Modeling Language (UML), OMG’s Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) and The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
- Complete support out-of-the-box for BIAN Service Landscape & Metamodel 7.0
- Detailed libraries covering reference data and business areas including sales and services; operations and execution; risk and compliance; and business support
- Adaptable sample architecture diagrams, matrices, and catalogs to help you rapidly document the organization structure using BIAN
- Flexible metamodeling allowing the extension of business semantics and technology relationships with the use of complementary and other frameworks
- No customization or configuration necessary before or after delivery to support BIAN. Download ABACUS today and get started.
Register your interest in our WEBINAR
“Streamlining Financial Services Enterprise Architecture with BIAN”
10th October | 12:00pm BST | 13:00pm CET | 16:30 IST
Using BIAN in ABACUS gives you:
- A preconfigured metamodel and set of standard viewpoints: complete BIAN modeling with reference maps, metamodel, and vocabulary. Known as the banking and finance industry standard, ABACUS provides the ‘BIAN Service Landscape (version 7.0)’ with Service Domain and Business Scenario definitions supporting the application of the BIAN standard to any organization
- Modeling of real-world behaviors comprehensively utilizing functional partitions of the BIAN model to combine types of assets with specific patterns of use. Eliminate capacity overlaps across service exchanges and standardize connection definitions with ABACUS’ viewpoints and standards interfaces. Enhance your enterprise by extending these concepts to other layers of the architecture, combining complementary frameworks in ABACUS
- Analyses run across performance, coverage, attribution and more to cut technical debt, increase business agility and ensure service standard compliance following the BIAN incremental approach to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Extended analytics and simulations to truly leverage strategies, capabilities, technology, and operations with out-of-the-box algorithms supporting automated calculations for financial, strategic, technical, and environmental analyses. PLUS design analytics tailored precisely to your business and technology with ‘drag-n-drop’ commands in ABACUS’ Visual Algorithm Composer interface
- Collaboration on specifications of service domain exchanges and sharing of live information from collective control records on instances and interactions. Use ABACUS’ Digital Portfolio Management and Digital Business Collaboration to add detail to your BIAN model with input from across your organization, and track and communicate business and systems performance
- Roadmaps for the future with BIAN blueprint planning and ABACUS’ multiple architectures or ‘evolutions’. Map out candidate resources for future states of your operating structure. Identify areas of duplication, gaps, impacts, opportunities, and utilize ABACUS’ powerful diff features and recommendations to guide your business forward